On the 3rd day of the TEXPO Pakistan 2019, the show continued its momentum and buyers and sellers continued their business negotiations.
2. Mr. Abdul Razak Dawood, Adviser to PM for Commerce, Textile, Industry & Production, Sardar Ahmad Nawaz Sukhera, Federal Secretary Commerce, and Mr. Muhammad Sualeh Ahmed Faruqui, Secretary TDAP held meetings with Mr. Bashir Ali Muhammad Chairman & CEO of M/s. Gul Ahmed, Italian Ambassador in Pakistan and leading business delegates from China & Germany.
3. The day witnessed a very busy schedule of meetings of foreign buyers with their Pakistani counterparts in terms of which a number of business deals were negotiated, major highlights of which include Ms. Julia Holt, Global Exhibitions Director of M/s. International Exhibition and Conference Group Australia signed Memorandum of Understanding with four associations / councils including “Pakistan Carpet Manufacturers & Exporters Association” (PCMEA), “Handicraft Association of Pakistan” (HAP), “All Pakistan Bedsheet and Upholstery Manufacturers Association” (APBUMA) and “Pakistan Fashion Design Council” (PFDC).
4. TDAP also organized a three-day fashion show featured a spectrum of top designers from Pakistan including Sana Safinaz, Khaadi, HSY, Nomi Ansari, Sania Maskatiya, Zara Shahjehan, Yasir Waheed etc.
5. The exporters of Home-textile, Towel, Tent & Canvas also got good response from the buyers in the show to their product range. Besides, some buyers interested in Sports wear are interested to visit Sialkot to meet Pakistani firms in order to meet their procurement needs from Pakistan.
6. TDAP in collaboration with ICMA Pakistan organized a seminar on “Textile Leadership Conversation 2019” during TEXPO. The profile of the participants includes leading professionals mainly CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Directors, HODs and Aspiring professionals from the textile industry and related support sectors.
7. TDAP also organized another seminar on “Industrial and Textile Policies for growth under Punjab Spatial Strategy” during the third day of TEXPO in collaboration with Urban Unit with an objective to get inputs/feedbacks from the stakeholders for formulating Textile Policy. The renowned participants of the seminar include Mr. Salman Shah, Chairman, P& D, Mr. Khalid Sherdil, CEO, Urban Unit, Head of SEZ, Faisalabad, Academia and a speaker from the private sector.